Skype for Business on iOS: configuration through ACE / MDM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I asked this question in the Skype for Business forum, but was redirected here.

We use Airwatch for mobile device management. Airwatch provides a method to configure applications remotely ("Send application configuration"), which is often referred to as App Configuration for Enterprise (ACE).

ACE allows for pushing key-value pairs as configuration items to the app.

My questions is: does Skype for Business support ACE? If so, what are the keys that it can accept?

Kind regards,

Tobias

Thursday, October 22, 2015 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hello,

didi you get an answer for this? we have the same case and cant get an answer.

Regards,

Nour

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:00 AM
  • No, sadly, I never got an answer.

I guess that Microsoft does not bother as they support SSO with Azure AD.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:37 AM
  • Using the Send application configuration could allow you to use an AD enrolled user (in airwatch) to have their UPN/username enabled in the iOS app so they wouldn't need to enter it again.  Like sending a device an EAS profile to autosetup email when enrolled.

Would be nice if Microsoft could provide an answer to allow more zero touch deployment for this.

If I get any answers elsewhere I will return to provide an update.

Donald

Saturday, January 14, 2017 12:45 AM
  • As far as we know Microsoft do not support MDM of Skype in anything other than InTune.  We have a native ios Airwatch application that can support Skype for Business IM, Presence and Persistent Chat Room access for On-Premise deployments that also does not rely on Edge Services. Have a look at MindLinkSoft.com if this fits your needs, we are a Microsoft Gold Partner.

Kind Regards, 

Satpal

Friday, January 20, 2017 1:53 PM
  • Good day,

Same scenario - we are trying to deploy Skype for Business via Airwatch and would like to customize.

Is there perhaps any update from Microsoft on this yet?

Thursday, July 19, 2018 9:24 AM