SharePoint Meeting Invitations? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a SharePoint 2010 site connected to active directory.  When I create a meeting on the SharePoint calendar and enter attendees by selecting them from AD, they do not receive meeting invitations.  How do I get SharePoint to send the invitations?

I would have thought this a simple question with a simple answer, but I have not been able to find an answer.

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:54 PM

Answers

• There's not (to my knowledge) a way to do this out of the box. I wrote a webpart that use Exchange Web Services to add/remove appointments from users Exchange mailboxes, and I blogged about it here: http://matthewyarlett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/using-ews-exchange-web-services-in.html

You could use the same concept with a content type and list event receiver to add / remove events from attendees Outlook calendars (of course this assumes you are happy to code and that you are running MS Exchange!) when events in a list are added/removed/deleted.

Regards, Matthew
    My Blog
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Proposed as answer by Sjoerd Schudde Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jack-Gao Friday, November 23, 2012 7:43 AM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 3:27 PM