which softwares are support windows developer preview

Question

• which softwares are support windows developer preview(i want avira,tuneup utilitties,km player,format factory,bitcommet,nero(important) pls help me 
    Monday, October 3, 2011 2:06 PM

Answers

• If you are going to install Windows Developer Preview as your main operating system, don't do that. The Developer Preview is targeted for developers to start working on new Metro applications; it's definitely not ready or useful for running in production. So if you are not a developer nor have a good business reason not to do so, keep yourself away from the Developer Preview and wait for RC or RTM.

If you still want to install it, install it in a separate partition or in a virtual machine, so you can easily switch to a stable system and to your required applications.

• Marked as answer by SHARON SHAJU Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:59 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:46 PM

All replies

• On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 14:06:05 +0000, SHARON SHAJU wrote:

which softwares are support windows developer preview(i want avira,tuneup utilitties,km player,format factory,bitcommet,nero(important) pls help me

None of them are supported when running on Windows 8 as it is an
    unreleased, pre-beta version of the operating system. As far as which ones
    may or may not work, you'll need to try for yourself. This release is aimed
    at developers who want to start building Metro applications. Microsoft
    hasn't done much in the way off application compatibility testing yet (at
    least no results have been publicly released) so you're really on your own
    here as far as testing goes.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    You have a tendency to feel you are superior to most computers.

Monday, October 3, 2011 2:12 PM
  • If you want to install Avira as Anti-Virus , you don't have to because Windows 8 Developer already comes with Windows Defender which is Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware in Windows 8 Developer Preview (Note Windows Defender in XP, Windows 7 and Windows Vista is Anti-Spyware only).

For other software , you have some features in Windows 8 that could be replacement for example Windows 8 could convert ISO to MSI .

You could try download Windows 8 and download latest version of those applications and see if they work or not. Or you could post in their forums or ask support.

Monday, October 3, 2011 2:13 PM
  • If you are going to install Windows Developer Preview as your main operating system, don't do that. The Developer Preview is targeted for developers to start working on new Metro applications; it's definitely not ready or useful for running in production. So if you are not a developer nor have a good business reason not to do so, keep yourself away from the Developer Preview and wait for RC or RTM.

If you still want to install it, install it in a separate partition or in a virtual machine, so you can easily switch to a stable system and to your required applications.

• Marked as answer by SHARON SHAJU Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:59 AM
    Monday, October 3, 2011 3:46 PM