none
Performance problems after upgrade from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody!

I've just made a migration for one of my Customer from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2017.
    I have a problem with my OLAP cubes and some of my MDX queries which trigger RAM usage peaks and quey timeouts.
    I made such upgrade for other customers and never faced such problems.

For the moment, I've just reinstalled a SQL Server 2012 OLAP instance, and the queries work well.

Has anyone already met this kind of problems? 

Thanks for your help!

Pete

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Pete,

Have you tried installing a new SSAS instance and deploy the cube? We could check this see if it is a migration case or cube design case.

Have you encountered any error when you do the migrating?

What error message were you getting?

Also we could use Performance counters to check RAM resource.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 10:58 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your help!
    Yes we did and did not get errors.
    It seems to me that it is a migration error, I'm surprised because I thought there were no big changes on OLAP between 2012 and 2017.

Friday, February 14, 2020 1:24 PM
  • Have you got anything from the monitor or other clues? Does the issue still remains?

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, February 15, 2020 6:46 AM