none
"Package" folder is not present in the Solution explorer.

Question

• I'm building a SharePoint-Hosted add-in with a colleague. I've finished my portion of the project. I've checked-in the project to Visual Studio Team Services. Now, when my colleague connects to VSTS, he then downloads the latest version of the project. In the Source Control Explorer all files and folders are present. So for so good. However, when the .sln file is opened, the "Package" folder that is present in the Source Control Explorer is NOT present in the Solution Explorer. The absence of the "Package" folder in the solution is breaking project. Why is the happening? What can be done to fix it? I've tried creating a new workspace and re-downloading the latest version, but that does not fix the issue. 
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Jsquared,

The reason is that the Package folder isn’t included in the project but already existing in your local disk (c:\users\...\QAQPSNews), you can check the project file (e.g. .csproj), I think someone made a mistake, he just checks in the changes of Package (e.g. add), but doesn’t check in the changes of project file. (the project file will be modified when add folder or file to project)

1. Open project file in Notepad
    2. Check related code in ItemGroup, similar to this code:   
    <ItemGoup> 
    <Content Include="Package\XXX">
          <CopyToOutputDirectory>PreserveNewest</CopyToOutputDirectory>
        </Content>
      </ItemGroup>

<ItemGroup>
        <Folder Include="Package\" />
    </ItemGroup>

So, you could add Package to project and check in changes.

Regards

Starain

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 5:45 AM