none
Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I've a RDLC report that reference a custom assembly.

I've put a referenced assembly into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies" and also into C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 folder.

All works fine using Visual Studio 2012.

Using new Visual Studio 2013 I get this error message "Error 15 Error while loading code module: ‘BarCode.Module, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'BarCode.Module, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Have anyone some suggestions?

Thanks

FabioBo

Friday, October 25, 2013 10:40 PM

All replies

• I've discovered than assembly must be in this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\Bin

Regards

FabioBo

Saturday, October 26, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Hi FabioBo,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

So this issue has been resolved, am I right? If so, I will close the thread.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 6:10 AM
  • For compatibility reason we need to have VS2010, VS2012, VS2013 on the same PC.

All three environment share a custom assembly and use it into RDLC report.

In order to allow all Visual Studio to right compile RDLC report with external DLL (assuming dll name is MyAssembly.dll), here is the complete scenario:

- VS2010: need to have external DLL placed into a new registry entry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\AssemblyFolders this, this registry entry MUST refer to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\ide\PrivateAssemblies\MyAssembly.dll"

- VS2012: need to find MyAssembly.dll into "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319"

- VS2013: need to find MyAssembly.dll into "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\Bin"

Let me know wheter this is a correct approach, currently we have the same dll in three different places!

All the times we do an upgrade of VS we spend a lot of time for discover a new workaround in order to solve low profiole technical issue, our company mission is improve existing software solution in order to let our customer to get benefit of this new features, when we spend a lot of time to resolve this low profile issue, we do not do a good job for our company.

Regards

FabioBo

Monday, October 28, 2013 7:44 AM
  • Hi FabioBo,

Since this issue is related to the Report Designer like this MSDN document, to help you resolve this issue as soon as possible, I move this thread to the  

Visual Studio Report Controls forum, and there you would get dedicated support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 28, 2013 10:49 AM
  • Thank you very much!

Regards

FabioBo

• Edited by FabioBo Monday, October 28, 2013 11:18 AM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 11:17 AM
  • Ran into the same problem going from VS2008 to VS2013. Putting our custom DLL in that MSBuild folder did the trick!
    Monday, April 7, 2014 6:59 PM