pasing two queries to CR for counting the result RRS feed

• Question

• hi.. i m making

a university project on a dental clinic

i have two tables one containing information abt the visits in a dental clinic(tbl_daily_opd) and the other containing the details of the patient(tbl_patient).. tbl_daily_opd contains only the id of the patient.. i m printing tbl_daily_opd in the report with the patient name n id...

i also want to count the number of males and females on a particular date(using the gender column in tbl_patients... and how many patients recieved a just medication and now many tooths were extracted(the column 'treatment' in tbl_daily_opd contains this information)..

how do i do this? by passing two queries in CR or is there some option in the expert editor which can accept select queries?

using recordnumber is of no use..

i m using c# in vs2005.. crystal reports 10
    thanks..

Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:54 PM

All replies

• Not required. See this post for using a running total and counting: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/thread/3ebea5d1-d6c0-489b-ab8f-fd68939180f9

You can also use the SQl Expressions with one data source asimply use the Count() function. DO NOT use a SELECT statement in SQL Expressions or more than one data source.

Don

Don Williams
    Monday, July 18, 2011 5:08 PM