printing resource file RRS feed

• Question

• User65893105 posted

In my localised app I have several resource files containing the words and phrases used throughout my app.  I now need to provide my project sponsors with a list of all the strings used for approval and subsequent transaltions.  Obviously its important that the words and phrases used are approved before translation, so i need to provide a printout of the actual resource files showing the name and value in separate columns (just as they are displayed in the VS IDE)

There doesnt seem to be an option to 'print' the resource files, so how can do this ?

Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:31 AM

Answers

• User535082756 posted

hi

You cannot take the print out of the resource file as far as i know. Instead you can select the top first cell in the resource file and copy it to excel and then take print out.

That is the only way you can do it .

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:06 AM

All replies

• User535082756 posted

hi

follow this link

http://www.dreamincode.net/code/snippet1683.htm

But in this you need to pass the Key to get the Value....in your case you hav to just get all the keys and values

Hope it helps .....

Thanks,

Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:03 AM
  • User65893105 posted

I think youve misunderstood what immtrying to achieve, I can already read values from my resource files as Ive localised my app.  I need to get the actual contents of my resoource files approved for translation into another language.  I need to be able to provide the prject sponsors with a complete list of all the words and phrases ive used that are stored in the resource file.  The way VS presents them is perfect for my needs, so im looking for a way to print out (or email) this list in the same format.

Thursday, August 20, 2009 8:25 AM
  • User535082756 posted

hi

You cannot take the print out of the resource file as far as i know. Instead you can select the top first cell in the resource file and copy it to excel and then take print out.

That is the only way you can do it .

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:06 AM