Tweet@Rama tile - what is it displaying?

Question

• I only joined Twitter yesterday so apologies is this is a dumb question...

Why does the tweet tile show me a cycle of news related items rather than something specific to my twitter account (I don't know, maybe how many unread tweets, how many people have followed me since last logon or the last n tweets?)

Acer W500 tablet Ageing HP laptop Too much apple stuff
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 12:40 PM

Answers

• Hi postPCera,

The handles are:
    @dailygalaxy
    @BreakingNews
    @MSFTnews
    @Reuters
    @BuildWindows8           

Hope that helps!

Nazia

Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Correct, the tile will cycle recent tweets from the handles Nazia mentions above. This is simply the way the application was designed, there is nothing wrong with your Twitter account.

Thanks!

Justin

Friday, October 14, 2011 12:07 AM

All replies

• Do any of the Twitter accounts that you are following show up?
    Are you still only seeing news related items?

Please give us a update on your status.

Marilyn
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 8:05 PM
  • Hi Marilyn,

i'm following five accounts, no one is following me and the tile just shows reuters news snippets.

I tried swapping the tile size back and forth between large and small and back again but still just get news.

Acer W500 tablet & dock, New 'works' Lenovo laptop Too much apple stuff. Remember: A Developer Preview is just that, a preview for developers - not everything will work 'just right' on day 1.
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:35 PM
  • It would be best to submit Feedback on this issue.

Thank you for posting your feedback, we want to make sure we get the right info including your log files. Can you also submit feedback using the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program? If you’re an MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can click on to join using a Windows Live ID account. If you’re not an MSDN subscriber follow this limited use link to join the Connect program and then follow the steps here.

If you are prompted for an invitation code, please enter the following key. MSDN-76H9-3CFP

https://connect.microsoft.com/site1147/InvitationUse.aspx?ProgramID=7221&InvitationID=MSDN-76H9-3CFP

Marilyn
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:23 PM
  • Hi postPCera,

The handles are:
    @dailygalaxy
    @BreakingNews
    @MSFTnews
    @Reuters
    @BuildWindows8           

Hope that helps!

Nazia

Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:22 PM
  • Correct, the tile will cycle recent tweets from the handles Nazia mentions above. This is simply the way the application was designed, there is nothing wrong with your Twitter account.

Thanks!

Justin

Friday, October 14, 2011 12:07 AM
  • thanks for all the updates.
    Acer W500 tablet & dock, New 'works' Lenovo laptop Too much apple stuff. Remember: A Developer Preview is just that, a preview for developers - not everything will work 'just right' on day 1.
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:26 AM