none
Sp 2013: Content type forms not appearing – only default RRS feed

• Question

• Using OOTB and SPD.

I have a workflow that assigns tasks. The tasks use a specific content type which has different task outcome choices. This part works fine. Within content types I would like to use a custom form.

• In SPD, from the task list, I create a new ‘edit form’, associate it with the specific task list above, and basically make some fields in the aspx page read by replacing ‘edit’ with ‘display’. I add some helper text for usage clarity. Etc..
    • I place the path to the new form in the content type, ‘edit form’ location: /Lists/Tasks/CustomForm.aspx
    • This is ignored when the task is created. The default task ‘edit form’ is used. --> Why?

Kind regards, - max

Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you select the content type( suppose you use custom content type) when you create your custom edit page/form? Based on my test, the custom edit form could be launch.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by MaxKante Friday, January 20, 2017 3:14 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you select the content type( suppose you use custom content type) when you create your custom edit page/form? Based on my test, the custom edit form could be launch.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by MaxKante Friday, January 20, 2017 3:14 PM
    Friday, January 20, 2017 2:46 AM
  • Lee,

That is exactly what I did, and it did not work. Hence I'm puzzled.

Checking again today I see that the associations all work?? I spent half a day yesterday experimenting as to why it was not working. Perhaps I need to wait 24 hours for the servers to refresh?

Thanks for the feedback,

Friday, January 20, 2017 3:14 PM
  • This may be it:

Within SPD, there on the bottom left is the associated content types for the list. These are not completely the same as the content types in the "content type" folder.

Within the folder 'Content Types' - [content type file] - 'Forms', if I add forms to the ; 'Forms' - Display Form / Edit Form, they do not appear in the 'List and Libraries' - [list name] - 'Content Types' - [content type file]. I need to make changes to both ?!

After this it works.

• Edited by MaxKante Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:28 PM clarity
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:26 PM