none
AppContainers_test fails with error during pre-test configuration checks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

AppContainers_test fails with error during pre-test configuration checks:

"[FAIL] The machine is not properly configured for testing: the test directory "C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\" is not ACL'd to allow execute permission for "APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES"

But that kind of permission for APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES was allowed, also i tried to allow full access, but error was the same.

In the test WindowsFilteringPlatform_Tests, the same requirement "REQ - Wfp-based products must not block App Container apps operating within their declared network intentions by default" was checked successfully.

How can i pass successfully AppContainers_test? 

I installed lastest versions of QFE and filters on my server, but it didn't help.
    Friday, June 7, 2013 8:50 AM

All replies

• It seems that your Test Account does not have the permission to do the asked actions. Maybe it could be a permission problem with your account. Have you verified that your account (must be DTMLLUAdminUser or something like that) have the maximum permissions.
    Monday, June 10, 2013 9:58 AM
  • DTMLLUAdminUser has the maximum permissions but test fails with the same error
    • Edited by sergey.m.g Monday, June 10, 2013 11:00 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

By default "DTMLLUAdminUser" has the all permissions no need to check but once check  other accounts by using help of the following url:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh998122.aspx

Yesubabu Gude

Monday, June 10, 2013 11:36 AM
  • From the test developer and tester:

-Verify "APPLICATION PACKAGE AUTHORITY\ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" NT account has access to the AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectoryaccount. 

-Verify the test is actually running under DTMLLUUAdminUser account, is DTMALLUAdminUser the first/only user account logged in when the test is running?

-Verify that the DTMLLUAdminUser account actually has admin privileges -- has this been changed/modified by the user unintentionally?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:03 PM