In memory Image to Crystal Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Need someone to verify if this is possible. I've done a search for images and Crystal Reports on the forum and found most question where related to reading the image from file or as a blob.

Here's another angle. I have a data row in a dataset that contains the information I need to report on, generating a report for these data items should be fine.

Based on the information in this data row an image is generated dynamically in-memory, so for example if datarow.item(0) = value then draw text n on image, if datarow.item(1) = another value draw text n1 on image, and so on.

Eventually I end up with an image that I can draw to a form's picture box along with the data, question is can I draw this image on to a report containing this data? and will this image be exported to Excel if the user selects that option?

Any code samples would be nice, but a prod in the right direction would be just as welcome.

I'm using Crystal Reports that comes with VS.NET 2003, what version is this?

Monday, March 13, 2006 9:59 AM