none
Displaying Markup Comments and remarks when Document is saved to HTML. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I would like to know if there is a way to display the markup and remarks (track changes) when I save a word (2007) document as HTML (Filtered or not filtered.)

Your Help is appreciated.

Monday, November 17, 2014 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Elie.f.asmar,

As far as I know, when we save the document as a web page, the track changes still displayed. Could you share with us more detail about the requirment? Here is screenshot from a web page saved from Word 2007:

Also we can still use Word application to open the web page and use Word object modle to get the revisions of the document.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Hi Elie.f.asmar.

Based on description, you want the web page export from the Word document displaied as Word applicaiton.

And from the figuge above, you want ot show the comment after you save the document as a web page. As far as test, the comments will display like figure below:

I suggest that you submit the feedback form link below, if you want Word application to support this feature.

Submit Feedback - Microsoft Office

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Elie.f.asmar,

As far as I know, when we save the document as a web page, the track changes still displayed. Could you share with us more detail about the requirment? Here is screenshot from a web page saved from Word 2007:

Also we can still use Word application to open the web page and use Word object modle to get the revisions of the document.

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Dear Fei,

What I am looking for, is keeping the same display shown in a word document, like the attached picture.

Regards.

Thank you.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 6:25 AM
  • Hi Elie.f.asmar.

Based on description, you want the web page export from the Word document displaied as Word applicaiton.

And from the figuge above, you want ot show the comment after you save the document as a web page. As far as test, the comments will display like figure below:

I suggest that you submit the feedback form link below, if you want Word application to support this feature.

Submit Feedback - Microsoft Office

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:53 AM