none
Passing X12 Message to a WCF Service from an Orchestartion RRS feed

• Question

• I need to Parse all the Claim Items and Line Items and store them in DB for that I have created one WCF service which reads and XML file and update the DB after Parsing.

Second I have an orchestration which converts EDI into XML in receive Pipleine and supposed to pass the same to WCF service.

But When I try to pass this converted XML to WCF, WCF BasicHttpBinding is not able to recognise this request XML. althogh I am able Pass this XML to WCF service Hosted on IIS and insert data in Database Successfully.

I am using Mass copy Functoid to Create wcf schema O/p but Biztalk is unable to pass this request XML to WCF Service.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:06 PM

All replies

• If you could just paste the error you get here, we can help you resolve it. I am guessing either the SOAP action is wrong or the pipeline configuration is not set properly. Usually people will have issues because of needing to use both EdiSend and XmlTransmit in the same pipeline is not possible (out of the box).

In your scenario, using EdiReceive to create Xml, you then need to transform the Edi Xml to the WCF Xml. Probably the mass copy functoid will pass extra Xml elements that are not in your WCF Xml.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:40 PM
  • Ben,

Below is the Fault Message returened, I want to Disable Schema Validation before sending request to WCF.

<s:Fault xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode xmlns:a="http://schemas.microsoft.com/net/2005/12/windowscommunicationfoundation/dispatcher">a:InternalServiceFault</faultcode><faultstring xml:lang="en-US">Error in deserializing body of request message for operation 'UpDateReconDBPreEdiFecs'.</faultstring><detail><ExceptionDetail xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.ServiceModel" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><HelpLink i:nil="true" /><InnerException><HelpLink i:nil="true" /><InnerException><HelpLink i:nil="true" /><InnerException i:nil="true" /><Message>Instance validation error: '' is not a valid value for CUR_ForeignCurrencyInformation_TS837Q3_2000ACUR01__EntityIdentifierCode.</Message><StackTrace>   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIReconciliation.Read30_Item(String s)
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIReconciliation.Read31_Item(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIReconciliation.Read667_TS837Q3_2000A_Loop(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIReconciliation.Read669_X12_00401_837_I(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIReconciliation.Read670_EntInstitutionalRequest(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIReconciliation.Read671_ReconDataContract(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderIReconciliation.Read673_UpDateReconDBPreEdiFecs()
       at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.ArrayOfObjectSerializer1.Deserialize(XmlSerializationReader reader)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)</StackTrace><Type>System.InvalidOperationException</Type></InnerException><Message>There is an error in XML document (1, 3424).</Message><StackTrace>   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
       at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.XmlSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBody(XmlDictionaryReader reader, MessageVersion version, XmlSerializer serializer, MessagePartDescription returnPart, MessagePartDescriptionCollection bodyParts, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)</StackTrace><Type>System.InvalidOperationException</Type></InnerException><Message>Error in deserializing body of request message for operation 'UpDateReconDBPreEdiFecs'.</Message><StackTrace>   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.XmlSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBody(XmlDictionaryReader reader, MessageVersion version, XmlSerializer serializer, MessagePartDescription returnPart, MessagePartDescriptionCollection bodyParts, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.XmlSerializerOperationFormatter.DeserializeBody(XmlDictionaryReader reader, MessageVersion version, String action, MessageDescription messageDescription, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeBodyContents(Message message, Object[] parameters, Boolean isRequest)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.OperationFormatter.DeserializeRequest(Message message, Object[] parameters)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.DeserializeInputs(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc&amp; rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)</StackTrace><Type>System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException</Type></ExceptionDetail></detail></s:Fault>

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Hi Vijay,

Can you try using pass thru before sending to the WS.That way your message will not be validated

against the schema.Looks like you have a serialization error.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks... SPN
    • Proposed as answer by SPN Biztalk Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:16 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 7:35 PM