SoundEffectInstance.Volume Doesn't Work on HTC HD7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been trying to get volume controls working for my sound effects but have had no luck! The sound seems to be only fully on or fully off regardless of what value I set to the volume. Even running the Sound and Music sample doesn't work!

Has anyone else come across this issue, or am I missing something?

Cheers,
    Tim
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:13 PM

All replies

• Just checked in the emulator and everything is working as expected.

Pitch seems to be working OK on the device but unsurprisingly pan doesn't...
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:23 PM
  • I have an HD7 myself and can confirm this issue (also, setting SoundEffect.MasterVolume doesn't affect anything). My guess is that the HD7's sound chip is just not very good quality (cut features, lower cost). It'd be interesting to hear if this is a fixable issue, or if we're stuck with it, or if any other devices have the same issue... ?

Edit: I just e-mailed HTC support, hopefully they can shed some light on it.
    Friday, November 19, 2010 3:26 AM
  • Apparently this is a HD7 driver issue, it has been fixed but needs to be put through QA before release.
    Friday, November 19, 2010 9:31 AM
  • Any new information on this? I just founded this bug on my HD7 phone too. Is this a problem in other phone models or is it only HTC HD7 issue?
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 12:23 PM
  • This issue is only happening on HD7 handsets and there hasn't been any fix released yet. I've been tweaking my volume levels in the emulator but it'll still sound horrible for customers with HD7s :(
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 1:02 PM
  • We have the exact same issue on both our HTC Mozarts... Works on the emulator but not on the actual device... It kinda sucks as it makes all looping noises that we want to fade on and off very harsh and volume for cars etc... almost impossible. Anyone know when that is getting fixed as its really quite broken...
    Friday, December 31, 2010 11:15 AM
  • I updated my HD7 last night with the Feb21 update.
    The description in zune said it contain several fixes for devices.

Sad, but the volume bug was not fixed. Let's hope it's fixable and not a hardware problem. 
    Any feedback from HTC?
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:57 AM
  • Any news on this issue?
    Will they fix it on mango?

What about new HTC devices (Randar/Titan)?
    Monday, September 12, 2011 1:23 PM