Adding an exisiting project to source control RRS feed

• Question

• How can i add an existing project to source control? I have a team project that i can see in team explorer in my VS2005, but i don't see where i can add a new or existing solution to TFS. Is there something else i need to install?
    Wednesday, August 9, 2006 10:38 PM

Answers

1. Create or open the solution.
    2. Rightclick in Solution Explorer -> Add Solution To SCC
      1. If the solution is in a mapped folder, the adds will be pended automatically
      2. If not, you will be prompted for a server location to store the solution, and a mapping will be created from that path to the solution's path on disk
    3. Checkin

Wednesday, August 9, 2006 11:04 PM

All replies

• You mean VS solutions? You can right click on project or solution in solution explorer and select "Add solution to Source Control" menu. It'll show a dialog box to choose the team project in which to import the solution.
    1. Create or open the solution.
    2. Rightclick in Solution Explorer -> Add Solution To SCC
      1. If the solution is in a mapped folder, the adds will be pended automatically
      2. If not, you will be prompted for a server location to store the solution, and a mapping will be created from that path to the solution's path on disk
    3. Checkin

• I don't see that option. Is there something i need to install to make this option available? I have the team explore installed and can connect to TFS but still no add to SCC
    Wednesday, August 9, 2006 11:12 PM
  • Do any other source control features (eg Source Control Explorer) work?  Make sure you have a valid plugin selected in Tools -> Options -> Source Control.
    Thursday, August 10, 2006 12:02 AM
  • Doesn't seem so? Would this be on the TFS disk or my VS2005 TSE disk?
    Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:11 PM
  • For the record i'm using Workgroup Edition...is this the reason why I may not have this functionallity?
    Thursday, August 10, 2006 2:59 PM
  • Workgroup Edition doesn't matter.

Are you saying that Team Explorer is installed, but Tools -> Options -> Source Control doesn't have an option to select Team Foundation?  I've never heard of that.  Try reinstalling Team Explorer.
    Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:22 PM
  • Friday, August 11, 2006 6:05 PM