none
Multiple SQL receive locations sharing the same Receive Port behaviour RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a single Receive Port and 3 SQL receive locations using that single port. I have a Send port that has a filter on the Receive Port to send the results of each stored proc to a file location. When ever I stop one of the receive locations the other 2 execute and when I restart the one I stopped all 3 execute again !!!

Also if I stop the second one, the 3rd one - the one thats still enabled runs again!!!

Whats going on? has it something to do with the fact that all 3 stored procs return the same message type (root#namespace)?

Monday, September 1, 2008 11:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Jody,

Why you want to avoid this kind of polling during receive location start/stop?

As you know, SQL recieve locations are always polling data from DB in a specified time period. It's expected that new polling requests will be fired after you change settings on the port/receive locations. Also the polling interval need to be recalculated.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Jody,

Why you want to avoid this kind of polling during receive location start/stop?

As you know, SQL recieve locations are always polling data from DB in a specified time period. It's expected that new polling requests will be fired after you change settings on the port/receive locations. Also the polling interval need to be recalculated.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:28 AM
  • Hi Jody,

Had you got any answers to it?

I have also found the same thing related to WCF-SQL Receive which intrigued me to the core.

I have a Receive Port (WCF-SQL) which has 3 Receive Locations pointing as below:

mssql://server1//DB1?InboundId=001

mssql://server1//DB2?InboundId=001

mssql://server1//DB3?InboundId=001

All the 3 Receive locations have the same PolledDataAvailableStatement (set to Select (1) from table1), PollingIntervalInSeconds(Set to 86400 seconds),PollingStatement(Set to Exec SP1) and PollWhileDataFound = False, Ambient Transaction set to False.

Ideally all the 3 Receive Locations should trigger once a day.

Consider all 3 Receive Locations are disabled.

I enable the first one, things are good.

I enable the second one, thing not good.

1st receive Location Polled again ignoring the Polling interval and that two polled twice(still a mystery to me, WHY).

2nd receive location also polled which is normal.

I enable the third receive location, things still bad:

1st receive Location Polled again ignoring the Polling interval Once

2nd receive Location Polled again ignoring the Polling interval Once

3rd receive Location Polled which is Normal.

Any inputs??

Thursday, November 28, 2013 12:39 PM