How to register a Custom test adaptor to make Test Exploer aware it RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a custom test adaper by implementing the ITestDiscoverer, ITestContainer, ITestContainerDiscoverer. If I install it by using vsix, then the text explorer can detect the test and show it in the explored.

But I do not want to install the extentsion by using vsix, I want to install it by directly copy the DLL or register it by add some registry key, is it possible?

Regards,

Tomas

Monday, April 15, 2013 10:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Tomas,

Yes, we can also use Setup project to create a .msi setup.

More information you can view:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2kt85ked(v=vs.100).aspx

Best regards,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:07 AM
  • Thank you Ego.

Is there any detailed information regarding how to deploy the VS 2012 extension by using the Setup project?

I copied my extension DLL to the extension folder: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 11.0\COMMON7\IDE\COMMONEXTENSIONS\MICROSOFT\TESTWINDOW\Extensions

and then I check can see the extension via vstest.console.exe /listdiscoverers.

But the Visual Studio 2012 Test Explorer is not aware my exentsion. I am wondering if there is anything else (like add a registery key in registry) that need to do as well.

It would be great if you know where can I find a document that tell me how to deploy a custom test adaptor for Visual Studio 2012 manually (copy dll, add registy key, etc.). If I know how to do it manually, then I can create a setup project to do that as well.

Regards,

Tomas

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:00 AM