none
Add a new subsccription in Microsoft Business Portal

Question

• The MVLSC is due to close. How do I take out a new Visual Studio Professional with MSDN subscription?

JaynieAssetandConfig

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 3:17 PM

Answers

• This was a direct link into the MVLSC and did not help at all.

However, I have since been in touch with my LAR who has confirmed that the MVLSC will be open for at least another two years and the transition across to Azure Active Directory is not yet ready and therefore Visual Studio Enterprise/Professional with MSDN cannot be managed here yet.

The advice from Microsoft has been to continue to use the MVLSC and it is estimated that the transition across to Azure Active Directory will not be completed until January.

JaynieAssetandConfig

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi JaynieAssetandConfig,

You can buy these subscriptions from the  Visual Studio Marketplace. And there has other operations before you get start, please refer to:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/marketplace/buy-vs-subscriptions

More information about Visual Studio subscription, you could contact the Visual Studio Subscriptions Customer Service Centers.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa948875.aspx

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 5:30 AM
  • Apologies, I did not make myself clear.  I am not trying to purchase a new subscription, I do that through my LAR. 

The MVLSC is to be replaced by a new Microsoft Business Portal.

I want to be able to manage my Visual Studio with MSDN subscriptions at all editions from within the new portal.

Therefore, how do I access the portal that holds my memberships.

I can access the Azure Enterprise portal but when my colleague tries to set me up as a member in our Microsoft Azure portal, it will only allow myself and others to be set up as a Guest.

This has only been happening the last month or so.

Are you able to shine any light on this.

Thank you

JaynieAssetandConfig

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 7:54 AM

Sorry for misunderstanding your original post.

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since your problem is more related to MVLSC, I suggest you contact the MVLSC support from below link to get a better help. Please select your country from the drop-down list and the correct Support Center will be displayed at right.

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/Help/Contact.aspx

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 6, 2016 1:18 AM
  • Thank you for your advice. I shall try and get in contact via the link you have sent.
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:35 PM
  • This was a direct link into the MVLSC and did not help at all.

However, I have since been in touch with my LAR who has confirmed that the MVLSC will be open for at least another two years and the transition across to Azure Active Directory is not yet ready and therefore Visual Studio Enterprise/Professional with MSDN cannot be managed here yet.

The advice from Microsoft has been to continue to use the MVLSC and it is estimated that the transition across to Azure Active Directory will not be completed until January.

JaynieAssetandConfig

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:09 AM

Thanks for response and sharing the news here.

Please mark your reply as answer which is benefit to other communities who has the same issue.

If any question about Visual Studio IDE, please feel free to come back to our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:17 AM