none
Project out of Synch: Resources or Calendars have been changed... - is it possible to synch using the PSI? RRS feed

• Question

• We regularily get this message when opening a project using PWA. As I understand it, this is caused by a combination of automatic appoval rules running on the project owner's account and resources 'Self Assigning' to tasks.

I have looked through the PSI but cannot find a way to do the synch programatically - can anyone point me at the right method/service?

Many thanks for your assistance

Stuart

Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:51 AM

Answers

• I have found the answer - to my problem anyway.

In order to get the right dataset (the one containing the pending changes) I now read the dataset from the WorkingStore. This way, any changes that happened prior to my modification are incorporated when I publish the project.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:38 PM

All replies

• Synchronization requires running the project through the scheduling engine. The public PSI in Project Server 2010 does not provide a way to do that. The project owner, or someone else who has the proper permissions, can reschedule the project by using Project Pro (click Calculate Project on the Project tab of the ribbon), and than publish back to the server.

--Jim

Jim Corbin [MSFT]
    Monday, January 24, 2011 5:23 AM
  • I have found the answer - to my problem anyway.

In order to get the right dataset (the one containing the pending changes) I now read the dataset from the WorkingStore. This way, any changes that happened prior to my modification are incorporated when I publish the project.

Monday, January 24, 2011 9:38 PM