none
Windows CE 6.0 (OEM 5.37) not displayed hourglass cursor RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with display hourglass and custom cursors in Windows CE applications on OEM 5 platform. Question is that cursor not displayed by default -

Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor;

and displayed only when I click on the screen. Interesting, that hourglass cursor spinning correctly at OEM 4 platform. I think, that in OEM 5, UI would updated only by actions outside. What can be done so that the cursor was updated correctly at the screen?

Sunday, February 1, 2015 5:35 AM

All replies

• Does your device use a cursor at all? It has a mouse, for example? Many platforms assume the user interface method (touch) and don't implement a cursor display in the video driver. In that case, you can set the cursor to anything you want; you won't see it on the screen.

If your device does show the cursor but does not update except in response to a click, that suggests to me an issue in the display driver. Check the code. You might also try to find ANY cursor other than the arrow cursor and see if any cursor change causes a new display or only a full click-type action.

Paul T.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:59 PM