none
QnaMaker.GetAnswersAsync from within the authentication proxy results in 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you for your help.

I built a BotService that uses QnaMaker on Azure and downloaded the bot source code.
    I am developing on an internal network that has an authentication proxy that requires a user ID and password.
    When accessing QnaMaker, 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) results in an error.
    Does QnaMaker support authentication proxy?
    If you don't support authentication proxy, can you tell me if there is a URL to allow?

If it was through a proxy that does not require authentication, access was successful.
    Also, in the local execution, it is accessed via IISExpress in the debug execution of VS2017,
    It seems to depend on IE proxy settings. Even if it is specified with the proxy tag of web.config or machine.config
    Did it not apply, is there a cause for this?

Monday, October 7, 2019 1:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Hek,

I think QnA Make does support proxy settings. Could you please provide more details about your setting so that we could help you figure out where is the problem?

Thanks for reaching out here.

Regards,

Yutong

Monday, October 7, 2019 9:57 PM
  • Hello Yutong.
    Thank you for answering my question.

BotService is running on IIS Express with Visual Studio2017 (C #) debugging. The OS is Windows10 1903.
    When handling QnaMaker.GetAnswersAsync, by default it seems to communicate according to the Windows proxy settings.
    The proxy setting of Windows is set to an authentication proxy that requires an ID and password.
    If executed in this situation, 407 (Proxy Authentication Required) will be displayed and communication with QnAMaker will fail.
    If you set a proxy that does not require an ID and password in the Windows proxy settings, you can communicate normally.
    Even if proxy information was specified in default proxy of web.config, it seemed to refer to the Windows proxy settings.

proxy uses "i-FILTER" security product.

Please contact us if you need any other information.

• Edited by hek-kusu Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:38 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 11:18 AM
  • Hi Hek,

Sorry for the delay. Could you please send us an email at Azcommunity@microsoft.com with you Azure Subscription ID and URL of this thread? We'd like to look into it and investigate it more. 

Thanks,

Yutong

Monday, October 21, 2019 4:53 PM