I have a scatter chart.I have to compare the itemsold with the
    profit made for each product

Horizontal axis: Itemsold(in numbers)(1,2,3,4,5) interval=1
    Vertical axis: Profit(in lakhs)(1,2,3,4,5) interval=1

chartdata:

Values : Profit

Category Group: Itemsold

series: Product

I need to draw a diagonal line in the chart from (1,1) to (5,5).
    Please help me to achieve this.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 6:25 AM

Answers

• User1559292362 posted

Hi Joydev,

Based on your description, it seems that you want to draw a 45 degree reference line in the scatter chart, please check the following steps.

1. Add the field [Itemsold] into data region and pay attention to the value of field you added. Then right click the [Itemsold] field to open Series Properties pane and select the Axes and Chart Areas option. Select secondary for Value axis.

2.Select and right click the secondary axis, uncheck the Show Axis option.

3.Select and right the scatter plot which represents the field [Itemsold] you have ever added to data region. Then select Change chart type option, change the type to Line chart.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 9:08 AM

All replies

• User1559292362 posted

Hi Joydev,

Based on your description, it seems that you want to draw a 45 degree reference line in the scatter chart, please check the following steps.

1. Add the field [Itemsold] into data region and pay attention to the value of field you added. Then right click the [Itemsold] field to open Series Properties pane and select the Axes and Chart Areas option. Select secondary for Value axis.

2.Select and right click the secondary axis, uncheck the Show Axis option.

3.Select and right the scatter plot which represents the field [Itemsold] you have ever added to data region. Then select Change chart type option, change the type to Line chart.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 9:08 AM
  • User575167076 posted

I am still not able to achieve it.

My first data region(scatter chart) display the profit made for itemsold with series as Product. When I follow your steps and add itemsold as 2nd data region ,the chart will automatically group by itemsold and series by Product. Because of this series(product) I am not able to display the line. If I remove the Product series I am able to display the diagonal line But in this case it will not display all the dots for scatter chart.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Joy

Monday, July 11, 2016 5:25 AM