none
ms-word:ofv|u|<URL> URI scheme doesn't open word in read only mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I followed https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn906146.aspx to call URI scheme in Word 2016 and the document is opened in read-only mode but the same scheme when called on Microsoft Office Word 2010 SP2 opens the file in regular mode(editable mode). 

I understand 'v' argument is to open in view or read-only mode, is there any other argument that needs to be passed for the same behaviour on 2010 Office word?

Thanks,
    Kamesh 

Monday, February 19, 2018 4:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Kamesh,

Based on the link, it seems the Office scheme should work under Office 2010 SP2.

Could you share us detail steps to use Office Scheme? I will try to make a test by following your steps.

In addition, I suggest you try to upgrade Office 2010 to Office 2010 latest version.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 23, 2018 2:45 AM