none
editing .user settings prompts me to check out .phpproj

Question

• Frustrating issue:
    on the properties > server tab, I have unselected 'apply settings to all users (store in project file)' so that it stores any values I set here in a separate .user file. Upon saving thei file, why does it then prompt me to check out the phpproj file? I'm not making changes to the project file but the .user file.
    Monday, December 12, 2016 6:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Invatron,

I am not sure whether you are using the following tool:

https://www.devsense.com/

>>I'm not making changes to the project file but the .user file.

The solution options file. It stores your customizations for the solution so that every time you open a project or file in the solution, it has the appearance and behavior you want.

So when you do some settings, they will be stored to .user file.

Project and Solution Files in VS:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hx0cxhaw.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Thanks for your reply but you misunderstood my problem.

This is not a PHP problem as I've reproduced this problem with a c# project.

By the way, I'm already using PHP tools and I've already posted to the devsense forum but I'm still awaiting a response.

Look at this scenario: I have a project which is already checked in via TF 2015. I right click on the project and go to the properties of the project and go to the server tab to make user specific changes. Once I make changes and click save it prompts me to check out the project file (phpproj in my case) I DON'T want the project (.proj) file to be checked out every time I make changes to the properties page >> server tab, as this should only be changing the .user file. My .user file is not bound to TFS so I expect for nothing to be checked out.

In short, I don't want the project file checked out a developer goes and makes changes to user specific settings on a project.

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:13 PM
  • Hi Invatron,

Please do some settings in VS. Click Tools->Options->Source Control, please refer to the following screenshot:

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:06 AM