none
How to host WCF Project on IIS port 80...? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have created Pivot viewer in  Silverlight5 . It is using WCF Data Service to fetch data. I tried to host this WCF Application on IIS.

Application is running successfully on IIS, only when I host the WCF application with the same port as in the web section of project property. Application fails if I host with other than that port. It is giving following error:
     Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

I want to host the WCF app on 80 port as my requirement is to make it public facing.

My working environment is as follows
    Windows Server 2012 Standard, Visual Studio 2012, IIS 8.0, .NET 4.5

Monday, July 29, 2013 7:52 AM

Answers

•  Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Hi,

Have you noticed the error message where the System.ServiceModel has version 3.0?

This error can occur in 2 scenarios:

1. IIS is installed after installing .NET Framework 4.0
    2. Version 3.0 of WCF Http Activation Module is installed after installing IIS and .NET Framework 4.0

However, this can be easily solved by registering the correct version of ASP.NET. So, fire up your Visual Studio Command Prompt or browse to "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ v4.0.30319". And run the following command from the command prompt:

aspnet_regiis.exe -iru

Best Regards.

Amy Peng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:20 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to check if it can display other day except the pivot viewer.

And for the wcf data forums, you can post your question in wcf data forums.

wcf data forums:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=adodotnetdataservices

Monday, August 5, 2013 2:41 AM

All replies

• Can you explain us how are you hosting your service? If you host your service  it on Port No 80, Is your Silverlight Application (Consumer) is failling ?

Lingaraj Mishra

• Edited by Lingaraj Mishra Monday, July 29, 2013 7:06 PM Additional comment posted
    Monday, July 29, 2013 7:04 PM

•  Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Hi,

Have you noticed the error message where the System.ServiceModel has version 3.0?

This error can occur in 2 scenarios:

1. IIS is installed after installing .NET Framework 4.0
    2. Version 3.0 of WCF Http Activation Module is installed after installing IIS and .NET Framework 4.0

However, this can be easily solved by registering the correct version of ASP.NET. So, fire up your Visual Studio Command Prompt or browse to "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ v4.0.30319". And run the following command from the command prompt:

aspnet_regiis.exe -iru

Best Regards.

Amy Peng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 5:20 AM
  • Thanks for the reply..!

I got succeeded to host WCF application on IIS 80 port. But, not displaying any data. Now it is showing only blank pivot viewer after hosting in IIS 80 port.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Thanks for the reply..!

I got succeeded to host WCF application on IIS 80 port. But, not displaying any data. Now it is showing only blank pivot viewer after hosting in IIS 80 port.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to check if it can display other day except the pivot viewer.

And for the wcf data forums, you can post your question in wcf data forums.

wcf data forums:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=adodotnetdataservices

Monday, August 5, 2013 2:41 AM