none
Outlook Addin RRS feed

Answers

• Hello Santosh,

You can use the NGEN utility for generating the native code before running the add-in. It will decrease the time required for jitting (just-in-time).

Also I'd recommend moving any time-consuming initialization code to another thread which can be started in the startup event handler. All common .net rules can be used for increasing performance of Outlook add-ins.  

The .Net CLR is loaded per process, not for each add-in separately. So, I don't think that it can hurt the performance dramatically.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:44 PM

All replies

• What does your addin do on startup?

Keep in mind that if your addin is written using .Net, Outlook will need to load the appropriate version of .Net run-time before your is executed.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:54 PM
  • Hello Santosh,

You can use the NGEN utility for generating the native code before running the add-in. It will decrease the time required for jitting (just-in-time).

Also I'd recommend moving any time-consuming initialization code to another thread which can be started in the startup event handler. All common .net rules can be used for increasing performance of Outlook add-ins.  

The .Net CLR is loaded per process, not for each add-in separately. So, I don't think that it can hurt the performance dramatically.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 12:44 PM