none
Biztalk recieve port responds to a click event on a sharepoint list. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a list of SQL Servers in  sharepoint.  This list shows the server name, IP etc.  I would like to use biztalk for some rules validation.  I need to setup a receive port to respond to the onclick from sharepoint when the user selects a server.  When the user clicks on a server, if the server is alive, I want Biztalk to change the connection string on a sharepoint dashboard to present some performance metrics stored in a server database on that server (min memory, max memory...) and then load the dashboard in sharepoint with that servers information. 

I know that there are probably easier ways to do this but head office wants those technolgies in play.

Thanks for your help

Mo

Friday, February 17, 2012 4:30 PM

Answers

• BizTalk services can be exposed as web service (solicit request-response manner) which you can access on click event from SharePoint or through BDC

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem,

Saturday, February 18, 2012 4:31 PM

All replies

• Few questions:

1. Where does checking will happen to ascertain if server is alive?
    2. What connection strings needs to be changed? Can you post sample connection string?
    3. I presume, SharePoint will use this connection string to get the performance stats

• Edited by Avi08 Friday, February 17, 2012 5:23 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Checking will happen in Biztalk as part of the orchestration.

My real question here is:  Can Biztalk be invoked by clicking on a list item in Sharepoint?  And if so, how?

I have the rest figured out.

Thanks,

Mo G

Friday, February 17, 2012 9:03 PM
  • BizTalk services can be exposed as web service (solicit request-response manner) which you can access on click event from SharePoint or through BDC

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem,

Saturday, February 18, 2012 4:31 PM