none
Setting up the environment to communicate between .NET and SAP using Biztalk Adapter pack 2010 on 64bit machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to setup an environment to establish a connection between .NET and SAP using BizTalk Adapter pack v2010 and WCF LOB Adapter v2010 on 64bit machine, but I am not successful. But I am successful in setting up the environment on 32bit machine with 32bit versions of adapter packs.

Later searching through several articles on google I got a suggestion saying, even on 64bit machine, we need to install 32bit versions of Adapter packs along with 64bit version of Adapter packs, then it worked absolutely fine. But my client is against in installing 32bit version of Adapter packs on 64bit machine, because this might be possibly be hitting the 32bit versions of dll's and establishing the connection, which they doesn't want.

Can anyone please help me to establish the environment on 64bit machine using only 64bit versions of adapter packs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shivakanth

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:14 AM

Answers

• Hi Shivakanth,

The documentation for the WCF LOB Adapter indicates that both the 32 bit and 64 bit version must be installed.

Also, in addition to installing 32-bit and 64-bit version of the BizTalk Adapter Pack, you must have the respective 32-bit and 64-bit versions of these SAP Client dlls installed to the directories below.

• On a 32-bit computer, the 32-bit version of the DLLs must be added to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
    • On a 64-bit computer, the 32-bit version of the DLLs must be added to the C:\Windows\SysWow64 folder. The 64-bit version of the DLLs must be added to the C:\Windows\System32 folder. 

Depending on if you are using a 32 or 64 bit BizTalk host for the connect to SAP you will be using the 32 or 64 bit client dll's.  On a 64 bit machine the 32 bit process run in a execution container (WOW64).  The 64 bit dll will be loaded for the System32 folder.  You can set everything up (64 bit host) and then remove the client dlls from the System32 folder this cause an error (event log) to prove to your customer that the 64 bit dlls are be used to connect to SAP. 

Thanks,

William 

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Shivakanth,

The documentation for the WCF LOB Adapter indicates that both the 32 bit and 64 bit version must be installed.

Also, in addition to installing 32-bit and 64-bit version of the BizTalk Adapter Pack, you must have the respective 32-bit and 64-bit versions of these SAP Client dlls installed to the directories below.

• On a 32-bit computer, the 32-bit version of the DLLs must be added to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.
    • On a 64-bit computer, the 32-bit version of the DLLs must be added to the C:\Windows\SysWow64 folder. The 64-bit version of the DLLs must be added to the C:\Windows\System32 folder. 

Depending on if you are using a 32 or 64 bit BizTalk host for the connect to SAP you will be using the 32 or 64 bit client dll's.  On a 64 bit machine the 32 bit process run in a execution container (WOW64).  The 64 bit dll will be loaded for the System32 folder.  You can set everything up (64 bit host) and then remove the client dlls from the System32 folder this cause an error (event log) to prove to your customer that the 64 bit dlls are be used to connect to SAP. 

Thanks,

William 

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:53 AM
  • Hi William,

Thanks for the reply. I searched a lot for the documentation in Microsoft sites, but I couldn't find one. I was trying this because I can talk to my client showing this as a proof of concept. Could you please help me sharing a link or document from Microsoft.

Thank you very much once again for the help.

Regards,
    Shivakanth
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Hi Shivakanth,

The documentation can be downloaded from MSDN on the link below.

Adapter Pack for SAP Help.chm (zipped)

The relevant part is located in the Troubleshooting installation section of the documentation.

Thanks,

William

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:39 AM