Azure PaaS Components - Stream Analytics RRS feed

• Question

• What are the alerts required to monitor Azure Stream Analytics in production.

Regards, Sandeep

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no specific alert required to run ASA job. However I would recommend to add an alert for your SU% so you can scale up your job or take action when you need more computing power.

Also it may be interesting to have some alerts to monitor the lack of input or output event, so you can see if anything goes wrong in your end-to-end pipeline.

Depending of your scenarios, you may consider some other alerts. All these alerts can be added from the "monitoring" blade or programmatically. More info here.

Let me know if you have any further question.

Thanks,

JS

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:31 AM
  • What is the ideal value for setting up SU % alert as well as i/p or o/p events?

Regards, Sandeep

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:34 AM
  • Input and output are scenario based (e.g. I don't have any data for more than 5 minutes, is it expected for my scenario?).

For the ideal value of SU%. We recommend to keep it under 80%. More info are on this blog post: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/streamanalytics/2016/02/02/azure-streaming-units-how-do-i-monitor-how-do-i-scale/ 

Thanks,

JS

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:26 PM