Workflow Capabilities won't start on some VMs in a VE RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Virtual Environment which is network isolated.

Testing AND Network Isolation are marked as READY, however Workflow is PARTLY READY.

My Virtual Environment has the following VMs

Server 2008 R2

Win7 32-bit

Win7 64-bit

XP Pro 32-bit

Server 2008 R2 (Domain Controller)

The workflow capability does work on the XP vm.  But not on the others.  This Virual Environment use to work, but then stopped working and I cannot get it back to where all three capabilities are READY.

I do see the following error on the VM machines where Workflow will not work:

Service 'TKS Development.All Hosts_G1Tracking.NIG1TBLE 5 Node.niWIN732' had an exception:

Exception Message: The message with To 'http://vslm-893-870ea004-9c42-4411-9694-10124b6c6d82.ntks.ezbarcode.com:9191/Build/v3.0/Services/Agent/311' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to an AddressFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. Check that the sender and receiver's EndpointAddresses agree. (type FaultException`1)

Exception Stack Trace:

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.IBuildControllerService.TestConnectionFromController(String agentUri)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.BuildControllerServiceProxy.<>c__DisplayClassc.<TestConnectionFromController>b__b(IBuildControllerService channel)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.ServiceProxy`1.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Do>b__2(T channel)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.ServiceProxy`1.Do[TResult](Func`2 action)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.ServiceProxy`1.Do(Action`1 action)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.BuildControllerServiceProxy.TestConnectionFromController(String agentUri)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.BuildAgentService.<>c__DisplayClass12.<TestConnection>b__11(Object )

Thank you for any help given.

Mary

Monday, September 17, 2012 3:28 PM

Answers

• Well...looks like no more input from anyone.  I finally threw up my hands and created a new VE.  Now all of my capabilities are fine.

Mary

• Marked as answer by MaryTFS Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:28 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Mary,

Where is the build agent installed, is it installed on the XP VM? And can you use VS to connect to that build agent successfully on the other VMs?

Also take a look at this blog which discusses the similar issue: http://www.ewaldhofman.nl/post/2010/08/29/Unable-to-start-the-build-controller.aspx

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:58 AM
  • Thank you for your help.

Within the Virtual Environment, I can connect to the XP VM and launch Team Foundation Server Administration Console.  Here I see that the Agent is running.

When I connect to one of the other VMs in the same Virtual Environment and launch Team Foundataion Server Administration Console, I find that the Agent is NOT running.  I clicked on the hyperlink to view the events on this VM for the last 24 hours.  I find the following errors:

Service 'TKS Development.All Hosts_G1Tracking.NIG1TBLE 5 Node.niWIN732' had an exception:

Exception Message: The message with To 'http://vslm-893-870ea004-9c42-4411-9694-10124b6c6d82.ntks.ezbarcode.com:9191/Build/v3.0/Services/Agent/311' cannot be processed at the receiver, due to an AddressFilter mismatch at the EndpointDispatcher. Check that the sender and receiver's EndpointAddresses agree. (type FaultException`1)

Exception Stack Trace:

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.IBuildControllerService.TestConnectionFromController(String agentUri)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.BuildControllerServiceProxy.<>c__DisplayClassc.<TestConnectionFromController>b__b(IBuildControllerService channel)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.ServiceProxy`1.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Do>b__2(T channel)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.ServiceProxy`1.Do[TResult](Func`2 action)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.ServiceProxy`1.Do(Action`1 action)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.ServiceProxies.BuildControllerServiceProxy.TestConnectionFromController(String agentUri)

at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Machine.BuildAgentService.<>c__DisplayClass12.<TestConnection>b__11(Object )

Thanks again for your help

Mary

NOTE:  that both VMs in this environment appear to have the same Build Agent Properties.

Mary

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:46 PM
  • This is still a problem.  Yesterday I unregistered the BUILD SERVICE and then registered it again, but this did nothing.  Same issue.

Note that I do have some Virtual Environments where all three capabilities work without issue.  But then I have 2 other Virtual Environments where the workflow capability will not work on some of the VMs within the Virtual Environment.

I have been fighting with this for a week now and am running out of ideas.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Mary

Mary

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Well...looks like no more input from anyone.  I finally threw up my hands and created a new VE.  Now all of my capabilities are fine.

Mary

• Marked as answer by MaryTFS Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:28 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:27 PM