Protect My Application and Database RRS feed

• Question

• User2062956768 posted

friends

I will create a web application 

but I don't know how to protect my web site after user login

any other user can copy URL and paste and it in a web browser and work without any problem

I'm asking to know the best way to protect my web application

Sunday, May 26, 2019 7:00 PM

All replies

• User409696431 posted

Any standard login solution will mean only logged in users can see the pages that require being logged in, and if a non-logged in user types a URL to a protected page, they will be redirected to the login page. They will not see the requested page unless they successfully log in.

How did you implement your login solution?

Sunday, May 26, 2019 9:59 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi mrzoz,

Please clarify more about your web application, and how do you implement login functionality? 

any other user can copy URL and paste and it in a web browser and work without any problem

Please check if you allow anonymous access.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:39 AM
  • User2062956768 posted

Hello friends

KathyW

How can I do that

is there youtube video explain this idea

Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:23 PM
  • User475983607 posted

How can I do that

This site has a lot of resources including videos.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/#pivot=aspnet

Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:36 PM
  • User409696431 posted

How you do it depends on what login system you used.  In classic webforms using the built in login system, you use the web.config file to specify who can see what pages.  In MVC you can use the [Authorize] attribute on a controller to block people who are not logged in, and so on.

If you rolled your own login system, you'd need to test at the start of each page to see if the user is logged in, and redirect them to the login page if they are not.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:01 PM