none
problem with Session Perf counters, SP1 installation RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded an existing installation to CSF SP1, ran the config wizard, installed the OU part and the SC, but in the Session installation I run into an error installing the performance counters.

I tried to install the perfcounters for session manually (with InstallUtil), with the same result:

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
    See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files\Microsoft CSF\V3.0\RunTime\Session\bin\Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Connector.Session.dll assembly's progress.
    The file is located at .
    Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft CSF\V3.0\RunTime\Session\bin\Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Connector.Session.dll'.
    Affected parameters are:
       logtoconsole =
       assemblypath = C:\Program Files\Microsoft CSF\V3.0\RunTime\Session\bin\Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Connector.Session.dll
       logfile =
    Failed to install session performance counters.System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The configuration registry key is invalid
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.RegisterFiles(String arg0, Boolean unregister)
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.UnregisterCategory(String categoryName)
       at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Delete(String categoryName)
       at Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Connector.Session.SessionCounters.Remove()
       at Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Connector.Session.SessionCounters.Install()
    ]

Monday, December 17, 2007 11:11 AM

Answers

• The encryption was disabled, but I downloaded the complete SP1 VPC instead of upgrading my own demo VPC's

Erik

Friday, January 11, 2008 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Erik,

Can you please check if Encryption is enabled in the existing session web.config file.
    if it is please make it false and run the installation again.
    You don't need to run installutil to install perf counters in CSF 3.0 SP1. once the component is installed, Perf counters should be installed automatically.

regards,
    Subhodip
    Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:25 AM
  •  

Hi Erik,

Is your issue solved?

Please close the thread if you have found aout a resolution to your problem.

thanks,

Subhodip

Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:45 AM
  • The encryption was disabled, but I downloaded the complete SP1 VPC instead of upgrading my own demo VPC's

Erik

Friday, January 11, 2008 10:37 AM