none
[MS-OXCDATA] Various issues RRS feed

• General discussion

• [I thought I might have already identified these, but perhaps not. Ignore if duplicate.]

Issues in MS-OXCDATA v20091030:

Section 1.3, third paragraph "bit 7 ix the 0x01 bit" should be "bit 7 is the 0x01 bit".

Section 2.2.4 is confusing in that it sometimes thinks the ProviderData is 16 bytes, and sometimes is 16 bits. The text mostly says 16 bits, but the diagram shows 16 bytes, and the header on the top of page 15 says "ProviderData (16 bytes)"

Section 2.2.5.1 describes the MAE bits. Those encodings should be described in terms of a reference specification (e.g. something that describes what BinHex, Apple Single and Apple Double are, and perhaps a reference to the Single Unix Specification for uuencode).

Section 2.2.5.2 shows "Version (4 bytes):" in the diagram, which might be better without the trailing colon.

Section 2.2.5.2 shows "Version (4 bytes): (4 bytes): " in the text, which should probably be "Version (4 bytes):"

Section 2.2.5.2 has a table after the text entry for Version, which doesn't appear to relate to the version. Is there a missing entry here (and in the diagram)?

Section 2.2.5.3 shows "Index) (4 bytes):" which should probably be "Index (4 bytes):"

In Section 2.4.1, it would be easier to read if the columns were more even, especially to avoid breaking the hex representation in the last column.

In Section 2.4.2 and Section 2.4.2 , the hex values should be shown with 0x prefix (Just as for the previous sections).

Brad
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:44 AM

All replies

• Brad,

Thanks for raising these issues. One of my colleagues will look into this and get in touch with you soon.

Best regards,
    Edgar
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 4:10 AM
  • Brad,

Thank you as always for your feedback. I am investigation Section 2.2.5.2 for you. I will update you as things progress.

Dominic Michael Salemno
    Senior Support Escalation Engineer
    US-CSS DSC Protocols Team
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:27 PM
  • Brad,

The version field in Section 2.2.5.2 should read as so:

Version (4 bytes):  MUST be set to %x01.00.00.00.

A bug against the documentation has been filed and this will be reflected in a future release of the specification.

Does this answer your question?

Dominic Michael Salemno

Monday, January 25, 2010 5:44 PM
  • Dominic,

Thanks for following up on this. Should I understand from your response that the table that follows this text (ending just above the X5500DN description) should be omitted?

[An alternative interpretation is that you are only responding to my comment about Section 2.2.5.2 shows "Version (4 bytes): (4 bytes): " in the text, which should probably be "Version (4 bytes):" ]

Brad
    Monday, January 25, 2010 11:41 PM
  • Brad,

This is correct. That table should be considered omitted and will be removed in a future release of the documentation.

Dominic Michael Salemno
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 7:25 PM
  • Dominic,

Thanks for sorting this out.

Brad
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:55 AM