VS2013, everything is so much faster. Production and when deployed. RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is great. The new VS2013 is faster both in production and published.
    I have been there from the beginning and have seen the product evolve into something very good.
    I want to thank the LS team and hope that you continue to develop this wonderful product.

LightSwitch is a winner in all categories.

THANKS

Sven

Sven Elm

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:30 PM

All replies

• Are you talking about the Silverlight (Desktop) Client?

Because the HTML Client in VS2012 is already fast to me.

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch HTML Client book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:32 PM
  • I agree. The vs2012 is great but I had some performance issues not deployed but in production. I think the vs2013 is faster and its great to have serval screens open, not just one as in vs2012. Then i'm just happy that the convert from vs2012 to vs2013 worked out great. It's a happy day for me because now I can use the new refresh method. But again the vs2012 is great and I will keep on using it for my "live" app until the RTM will be released. I'm also curious what will be anounced on the 12 of september or was it the 15th? Regards Sven A swedish LS fan

Sven Elm

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:53 PM
  • It is the 12th. I don't know if they will have any announcements (they may). I think they will answer "questions".

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch HTML Client book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Sven:

I would also like to know if you are talking about the Silverlight or HTML client?

And on a related note: Does anyone know if the VS2013 version uses the "JSON Light" protocol?  (VS2012 was much slower than the original LightSwitch version for some of my screens that return a lot of data).

Thanks,

Mark

• Edited by marks100 Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:42 PM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:42 PM
  • Hi In vs2012 I had to wait sometimes 30 or more seconds to load the design screen after I made a change anywhere. No the design screen loads much faster. After deployed the speed is the same as in vs2012. Sven

Sven Elm

Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:17 PM
  • Jeez.... ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE SILVERLIGHT CLIENT OR THE HTML CLIENT... 3rd time lucky, hopefully :)

Or, if I read your last post properly, you're now saying there is no difference in deployed speed?!

Free Visual Studio LightSwitch extensions: Elyl's Extensions

• Edited by ElylV Monday, September 2, 2013 9:03 AM
    Monday, September 2, 2013 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry for my bad English,

I'm not talking about speed when deployed. I'm talking about the speed when designing.

Regards

Sven

Sven Elm

Monday, September 2, 2013 2:23 PM