none
Unable to track skeleton. RRS feed

• Question

• So I went out and bought a Kinect yesterday, got everything installed and have been messing around with the Kinect SDK and hooking it in with XNA. Anyways, I've been having a few problems:

First, I can't get the skeleton tracking to work. It doesn't work in any of the sample apps. I'm running Win7, VS2010 SP1, and downloaded the 64bit version of the Kinect sdk (even though it's all 32 anyways). In the Skeleton View sample, nothing draws to the screen. I've tried standing close, tried standing far, and everything in between and can't seem to get it to draw the skeleton. I'm never getting the SkeletonFrameReady event (working in c#).

Second, my depth buffer also seems a little wonky. It also doesn't display in the sample app. It's just a white screen.

Here's a screenshot of my sample app: http://postimage.org/image/23n81cnd0/

The top left box is supposed to be where my depth buffer is rendered. In the picture you can see a tiny little grey rectangle in the top left but that's about it. Below it is the video stream being rendered out, so that's working fine. The main window is where my skeleton would be displayed.

The Kinect works fine when plugged into my XBox so I don't think anything is broken on it. Any ideas?

Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:23 AM

Answers

• Nevermind. Apparently it was just because I never restarted my computer after having installed the drivers and everything. Lolz. It works now =)
    • Marked as answer by MrBones Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:42 AM
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:42 AM

All replies

• Nevermind. Apparently it was just because I never restarted my computer after having installed the drivers and everything. Lolz. It works now =)
    • Marked as answer by MrBones Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:42 AM
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:42 AM
  • interesting, did the install tell you that you needed to reboot? Did you have the Kinect HW plugged into power and USB when you installed?
    Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:39 AM
  • After installation Official Kinect SDK reboot is needed, but it is not mentioned in manual guide. 

It happened in my situation twice because I installed SDK on two different machine and the same problem occurred. 

Saturday, June 25, 2011 9:19 AM
  • I had everything plugged in when I installed it, but it never gave me a message informing me to restart. I'm still attempting to believe the whole "No more restarts needed after driver installs on Windows 7" thing =).  Totally my fault though, I know better.
    Monday, June 27, 2011 4:55 PM