Difference b/w Webpart and User control sharepoint? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

can anybody provide me real time example b/w webpart and user control?

Regards,

Gaurav Verma

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:38 PM

Answers

• Hello,

A webpart is a reusable component that end user could add to pages through SharePoint UI.

A user control is a control that you can add to page via development.

Basically you can do the same within a usercontrol and a webpart (webpart can load user control ) .

Hope this help

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

I feel the most important difference is that the webparts supports personalization which means that changes in the personal view will be stored per user basis. Also as Rob said, the user has the freedom to add/remove as per his need. On the other hand a usercontrol is more of a kind of static one. So you need to provide a functionality that is not required to be added and removed every now and then.

Regards,

Mukesh Ajmera

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hello,

A webpart is a reusable component that end user could add to pages through SharePoint UI.

A user control is a control that you can add to page via development.

Basically you can do the same within a usercontrol and a webpart (webpart can load user control ) .

Hope this help

Best regards, Christopher.
    Blog | Mail
    Please remember to click "Mark As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

I feel the most important difference is that the webparts supports personalization which means that changes in the personal view will be stored per user basis. Also as Rob said, the user has the freedom to add/remove as per his need. On the other hand a usercontrol is more of a kind of static one. So you need to provide a functionality that is not required to be added and removed every now and then.

Regards,

Mukesh Ajmera

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:59 PM