No "Publish Website" in Web Developer 2008 Express RRS feed

• Question

• User879608783 posted

I just made my first website with one asp webform page (an emailed form) and one plain html page and am not able to compile it and publish it to the remote server.  Is it just me (I'm a complete newbie at this and stumbling along) or does microsoft actually make you buy the full version to do this?  I mean, why allow one to make an asp site and then not be able to compile it?

Thursday, December 4, 2008 7:15 PM

Answers

• User-1303760475 posted

VWD Express does not have the Publish Website Tool. To publish your website in VWD you would use Copy Web Site under 'Website' in the main menu. With your site open in VWD, click Website>Copy Web Site...

The local site currently open in VWD will be in the left pane. At the top of the right hand pane, click 'Connect'. In the 'Open Web Site dialog, choose the appropriate location and open the remote site. If the remote site is on an ftp site or a production server on the www, you will likely have to supply any required credentials. Once you connect, you should be able to copy your local files to the remote server.

You can use VWD Help, and search for "Copy Web Site."

Hope this helps,

-Preston. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:38 PM

All replies

• User-1303760475 posted

VWD Express does not have the Publish Website Tool. To publish your website in VWD you would use Copy Web Site under 'Website' in the main menu. With your site open in VWD, click Website>Copy Web Site...

The local site currently open in VWD will be in the left pane. At the top of the right hand pane, click 'Connect'. In the 'Open Web Site dialog, choose the appropriate location and open the remote site. If the remote site is on an ftp site or a production server on the www, you will likely have to supply any required credentials. Once you connect, you should be able to copy your local files to the remote server.

You can use VWD Help, and search for "Copy Web Site."

Hope this helps,

-Preston. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 8:38 PM
  • User1488308861 posted

how can i use VWD SP1's copy website mode behind proxy. there is no option to set

Sunday, February 15, 2009 6:21 AM