How Do I Add Forums to the "My Forums" List? RRS feed

• Question

• I don't believe the old method works. I don't like the "My Forums" list because it doesn't indicate recent activity, but if I'm not mistaken, it is now the only way to navigate to a forum (unless I can find it in the "My Threads" list).

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 2:11 AM

Answers

• Due to the feedback we will most likely add a few of these elements back (meta data). 

There are several ways a user can access a forum in the new design. You are correct that a user can access a forum through "My Forums." We encourage you to try the "View All" if your category/forum does not appear on the left rail by default. From this view, you can type the name of your forum. You can select multiple forums and customize this to the specific forums you care most about. Hope this helps!   

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:20 AM

All replies

• Due to the feedback we will most likely add a few of these elements back (meta data). 

There are several ways a user can access a forum in the new design. You are correct that a user can access a forum through "My Forums." We encourage you to try the "View All" if your category/forum does not appear on the left rail by default. From this view, you can type the name of your forum. You can select multiple forums and customize this to the specific forums you care most about. Hope this helps!   

Forums Program Manager

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:20 AM
  • Thanks. I completely forgot about the snap function (or whatever its called) from the video, to see the categories. View All is most useful.

A bit confusing, but I figured out how to add to "My Forums", so I can find forums (like this one).

Thanks again.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 3:42 AM