none
Xamarin doesn't work

Question

• Hi guys,

I've just downloaded and installed Xamarin. I use Visual Studio Community 2015. When I create a new project and I startthe debugging it tells me that there is a deployment error, but I haven't modified any code yet! I tried several times but the problem isn't gone. Every time I Create a new project a notification tells me that there is a new version of Xamarin, but I have just installed it and I can't find this update online.

Please, help me!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Johnson.vb,

>> When I create a new project and I startthe debugging it tells me that there is a deployment error
    What's the detailed deployment error do you get?

According to your screenshot for Android Virtual Devices list, I checked my Android Virtual Devices list and I found that in my list, doesn't have any devices listed. And I debug my Android app with the default section in Debug list, which is named 5'' KitKat (4.4) XXHDPI Phone (Android 4.4 -API 19). Please choose the same option to debug your app. If this section working fine, there should be some problem related to the section that you chooses. Please tell us which option you choose, I will try it in my side to reproduce your problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi guys,

I've just downloaded and installed Xamarin. I use Visual Studio Community 2015. When I create a new project and I startthe debugging it tells me that there is a deployment error, but I haven't modified any code yet! I tried several times but the problem isn't gone. Every time I Create a new project a notification tells me that there is a new version of Xamarin, but I have just installed it and I can't find this update online.

Please, help me!

• Merged by DotNet Wang Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:54 AM duplicate
    Monday, July 18, 2016 10:58 PM
  • And this is a C# issue how? Maybe, you best post to the below forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-us/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Monday, July 18, 2016 11:13 PM
  • Hi Johnson.vb,

Which update do you installed for your Visual Studio Community 2015?

According to your description, I create a sample Android app which used Xamarin in my Visual Studio Community 2015 with Update 3. It prompt me installing Xamarin when I creating this app. Then I download and install it from the official site. And I try create a new project again, it is successful and build also successful.

Following screenshot shows which version of Xamarin installed in my Visual Studio 2015. Please check whether it is the same with your version.

In addition, please check whether there has prompting message on your right-bottom of Windows about "Xamarin for Visual Studio Update avaliable". In my side, I get this prompting message after I installing Xamarin.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 5:18 AM
  • YES! I have the update message, but if I search on Google for the update it shows me the Xamarin site where I can't find anything to download. Do I have to write Name, Company and Mail again? If I click on the notification nothing happens. I installed the last version using Visual Studio but I don't know if that worked correctly.

My About Screenshot:

Or do you think is an emulator problem? Here is my AVD screenshot:

• Edited by Johnson.vb Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:31 AM
  • Hi Johnson.vb,

>> When I create a new project and I startthe debugging it tells me that there is a deployment error
    What's the detailed deployment error do you get?

According to your screenshot for Android Virtual Devices list, I checked my Android Virtual Devices list and I found that in my list, doesn't have any devices listed. And I debug my Android app with the default section in Debug list, which is named 5'' KitKat (4.4) XXHDPI Phone (Android 4.4 -API 19). Please choose the same option to debug your app. If this section working fine, there should be some problem related to the section that you chooses. Please tell us which option you choose, I will try it in my side to reproduce your problem.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:05 AM