none
How to ignore Subscription Notification for own Modifications RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    is it possible to deactivate StreamingSubscription-Notification for own Modifications without unsubscripe?

best regards
    Friday, September 13, 2013 3:25 PM

Answers

• Thank you again Glen.
    My Problem was that my "sync-master" account who has access to all mailboxes with impersonation creates exchange items via impersonation and creates local items for a mailbox when a new exchange item is created... the exchange item gets a extended property identifier for the local item which was created for the exchange item. Each time a exchange item is modified the local item will be updated. When the local item will be modified the exchange item will be updated. Now when i update a exchange item by modification of a local item i receive a modification of the exchange item which i have to ignore. Because i use impersonation i have no identifier that the modification caused by my "sync-master" account. I solved this with a extended property for my last "sync-master" modification-time ... if this property nearly the same like the "LastModifiedTime" property i ignore this notification. I think this is not the best solution but it works for me.

best regards
    • Marked as answer by Huenty Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:15 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:15 AM

All replies

• No you can't filter at the Server in any form with notifications so if you subscribe to modification notifications on a folder you will get all the Modifications. You need to filter that at the client side you should be  able to use the PidTagLastModifierEntryId property http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/library/ee200636(v=exchg.80).aspx to work it out

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:31 AM
  • Thanks for your Answer Glen.
    My Problem is that i use impersonation to sync Echange Appointments.
    Is it possible to receive only the modified propertys?

I will try to use the SyncFolderItems?

best regards

• Edited by Huenty Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:16 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 12:48 PM
  • >>My Problem is that i use impersonation to sync Echange Appointments

Why is this a problem ? it makes no difference if your making changes to an Item the changes are going to come from the impersonated user.

>> Is it possible to receive only the modified properties?

EWS doesn't track changes at the property level only the Item level. So all you will get (no matter which operation you use) is a notification that an Item has change. Its them up to you to determine which properties have changed (if you need that level).

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:40 AM
  • Thank you again Glen.
    My Problem was that my "sync-master" account who has access to all mailboxes with impersonation creates exchange items via impersonation and creates local items for a mailbox when a new exchange item is created... the exchange item gets a extended property identifier for the local item which was created for the exchange item. Each time a exchange item is modified the local item will be updated. When the local item will be modified the exchange item will be updated. Now when i update a exchange item by modification of a local item i receive a modification of the exchange item which i have to ignore. Because i use impersonation i have no identifier that the modification caused by my "sync-master" account. I solved this with a extended property for my last "sync-master" modification-time ... if this property nearly the same like the "LastModifiedTime" property i ignore this notification. I think this is not the best solution but it works for me.

best regards
    • Marked as answer by Huenty Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:15 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 8:15 AM