none
How can I start using the Kinect Fusion RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I installed the latest SDK as well as the developer toolkit. However, after the installation, i cannot see any Kinect Fussion Tool iinstalled.

Could you give me any hints about how to install it, and how to open it/using it? Thanks.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:30 AM

Answers

• Yes, you can use Kinect Fusion Explorer - D2D to create your own models which you can then use in software for 3D modeling (such as Maya or Meshlab).  The primary purpose of the applications in the toolkit is to be technology demonstrations, and show people how to build applications based on the SDK, but one of the things we demo in this app is creating a mesh and saving it out to an industry standard format. :)
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:41 PM

All replies

• If you installed the 1.7 SDK and Toolkit, it is accessible via the Developer Toolkit Browser.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:37 AM
  • yes, if you install the right windows kinect sdk version ----->  1.7   , you should be able to see in the developer toolkit browser

two applications: Kinect Fusion Basics-D2D and Kinect Fusion Explorer-D2D. This two Applications are as examples too, as visual studio solutions, read that code, that is a good start for everyone.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:55 AM
  • ahh, so those two are the actual application? Could i create my own models with those?
    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:02 PM
  • if you only want a software for 3D Scanning go to this website : http://reconstructme.net/

if not, read a little bit more docu about these both applications : Kinect Fusion Basics-D2D and Kinect Fusion Explorer-D2D

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Yes, you can use Kinect Fusion Explorer - D2D to create your own models which you can then use in software for 3D modeling (such as Maya or Meshlab).  The primary purpose of the applications in the toolkit is to be technology demonstrations, and show people how to build applications based on the SDK, but one of the things we demo in this app is creating a mesh and saving it out to an industry standard format. :)
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:41 PM