Windows app certification kit fails for with error message (Windows cannot install package) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, please I have an unexpected error which occures when I try to certify my application for deploymemnt on teh  windows store with windows app certification kit.

It gives me this error : 

Windows cannot install package because package (package name) Microsoft.Net.CoreRuntime.2.1 was provided but not used.

Tihs could be because package (package name) does not depends on Microsoft.Net.CoreRuntime.2.1 only the  packages that (package name) depends on can be installed.

Please I dont understand someone has a solution for this ? I've been looking for a solution for days now but nothing.

Saturday, July 14, 2018 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Damien ,
    In “Release” configuration(enable the .NET Native tool chain), the app utilizes the .NET Native toolchain and doesn’t need to contain the .NET Framework libraries.
    In “Debug” configuration, the .NET system assemblies are packaged alongside your application code, and your application take a dependency on the Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime package.
    You can get more details on the part Debug Versus Release-Compile Configuration in the  article: Microsoft .NET - .NET and Universal Windows Platform Development .
    So you can follow the steps to try again, if it doesn’t work ,please post here:
    1.Unzip your …bundle.appxupload , enter the folder and unzip the .appxbundle, enter the folder , unzip three .appx  files
    2.Open AppxManifest.xml, delete the Dependencies/ PackageDependency /Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime2.1, delete the Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime2.1 
    3.Use makeAppX to package again. You can refer to Package an app manually  for more details.

Best Regards
    Daisy  Tian 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 7:37 AM