What's meaning of ThinkTimeMultiplier setting in Coded UI PlaybackSettings RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I use Coded UI Test, and I want to elimiate the think time between action, and I find that there is a property ThinkTimeMultipler with default setting = 1.0, hence I want to double confirm whether Coded UI will record the think time when recording?

If we want to elimiate the think time at playback and the application is fast enough, can I set the ThinkTimeMultipler = 0 so that all think time removed?

Best Regards

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 2:47 AM

Answers

• I got some explaintion about ThinkTimeMultiplier from "Gautam Goenka " blog

"There is PlaybackSettings.ThinkTimeMultiplier using which you can modify you sleep.  By default this variable is 1 but you can increase\decrease it to change the wait time all over the code.  For example, if you are specifically testing over slow network (some other slow performance case), you can change this variable at one place (or even in the configuration file) to 1.5 to add 50% extra wait at all places."

What i understant is, if Delaybetween Action is 200 ms in between 2 actions, and now if you want to run script in compare to slow network then if I set PlaybackSettings.ThinkTimeMultiplier=2 , now delaybetween action is 400 ms .

• Marked as answer by TungLee Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:31 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:46 AM

All replies

• You can set playbacksetting as

Playback.PlaybackSetting.DelayBetweenActions=0;

at time of starting to reduce delay between action.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:16 AM
  • Hi

thanks your suggestion, I have already try this. But just want to have idea on the think time parameter also, as I find some people telling that no sleep time record, but I have question why there is think time multiplier property? how Coded UI Test handle the think time at playback

Best Regard

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:09 AM
  • I got some explaintion about ThinkTimeMultiplier from "Gautam Goenka " blog

"There is PlaybackSettings.ThinkTimeMultiplier using which you can modify you sleep.  By default this variable is 1 but you can increase\decrease it to change the wait time all over the code.  For example, if you are specifically testing over slow network (some other slow performance case), you can change this variable at one place (or even in the configuration file) to 1.5 to add 50% extra wait at all places."

What i understant is, if Delaybetween Action is 200 ms in between 2 actions, and now if you want to run script in compare to slow network then if I set PlaybackSettings.ThinkTimeMultiplier=2 , now delaybetween action is 400 ms .

• Marked as answer by TungLee Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:31 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 3:46 AM
  • Thx again and since I already set the delay between action to 0 and ThinkTimeMultiplier should be meaningless anymore...

Thx you information

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 4:32 AM