none
Is Microsoft .NET Framework 2 necessary for a non-developper on my XP Professional OS? RRS feed

• Question

• Memory space is 88.39MB and my system is running slowly.  Do I need this?  Would removing this speed up my system?  And, last, but not least, how did it get on my OS? 
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Removing it won't speed up your system, and may cause certain programs to stop running altogether.  I would leave it.  It may have come preinstalled, or it may have been installed in order to run one of your programs.  There's no real way to tell from this end. 

Basically, it allows you to run any program that was written using Microsoft's .NET Technology.  Chances are, something on your computer uses it.

As for any slowness you might be experiencing, make sure you don't have any spyware or malware.  Those are frequent causes of slowdowns.
    David Morton - http://blog.davemorton.net/ - @davidmmorton - ForumsBrowser, a WPF MSDN Forums Client
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:04 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:58 PM
  • Hi Bhudhatri,

I agree with David. "Removing it won't speed up your system, and may cause certain programs to stop running altogether."

Referring to removal of any the versions of the .NET Framework, it depends on the applications and OS that are ran on your PC.
    Please check the this similar issue:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxsetup/thread/4f81e0d4-0903-488e-81dc-ea94f3fe3a35

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:04 AM
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Thursday, July 30, 2009 3:05 AM typo
    Friday, July 24, 2009 8:34 AM
  • hi Bhudhatri:
    If you want to run your programs quickly and with a few  errors then you must use .net frame work two
    else you can use .net frame work 1
    -----------------------------------------------
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 6:49 PM