where is the shared project library template in visual studio? RRS feed

• Question

• User225753 posted

In Xamarin Studio you can add either a shared class library or a portable class library from the "Cross Platform -> Library menu" In Visual Studio, if you look under the "Add Project -> Cross Platform ->" menu, you are presented with only 1 library option, a "Class Library (Xamarin Forms)". Where is the Shared Class Library option?

Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:19 PM

Answers

• User225753 posted

Hi James, I have solved this problem now. The "Shared Project" template was up one level, so it was not under the cross-platform menu, but in the root menu under "Visual C#".

p.s. James, what i meant in my original post was that there is only 1 library template ( i.e. class library ). I too see 6 templates for Blank Apps and UI Test App and a class library. It was the shared project one i was missing. Anyway, we've found it now, it was under the root menu visual c#. But thanks for helping anyway.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:15 PM

All replies

• User226764 posted

Do you have the latest version installed? maybe try a re-install? I'm just saying this because when i follow your exact options above, i see 6 options in there;

Blank App (Native Portable) Blank App (Native Shared) Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Portable) Blank App (Xamarin.Forms Shared) (the one i'm using) Class Library (Xamarin.Forms) UI Test App (Xamarin.UITest | Cross-Platform)

Thursday, May 19, 2016 12:34 PM
  • User225753 posted

Hi James, I have solved this problem now. The "Shared Project" template was up one level, so it was not under the cross-platform menu, but in the root menu under "Visual C#".

p.s. James, what i meant in my original post was that there is only 1 library template ( i.e. class library ). I too see 6 templates for Blank Apps and UI Test App and a class library. It was the shared project one i was missing. Anyway, we've found it now, it was under the root menu visual c#. But thanks for helping anyway.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:15 PM