none
Access to Network Service account RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am working on the componant using EWS services to process the emails in mailbox. This componant will be hosted in our existing web service which runs under the Netwrork Service account.

I want to know whether it is possble to give full access to the Machine$ (Machine Network service) account to manage the inbox using the Application Impersonation?

Thanks in Advance.

sam
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

While I don't know out of my head whether you can grant the machine account the impersonation permission, I think it's a very bad idea to begin with. Not only run most of the AppPools by default under the NetworkService account, but many Windows services as well.

From a security standpoint you would give a lot of programs access to the Inbox folders of many users. Are there any reasons why you can't use a named account for the AppPool?

Kind regards,
    Henning Krause

"Sammonster" wrote in message news:66ab5581-3cdf-4b96-88d2-e5e02fb28f77@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

hi,

I am working on the componant using EWS services to process the emails in mailbox. This componant will be hosted in our existing web service which runs under the Netwrork Service account.

I want to know whether it is possble to give full access to the Machine$ (Machine Network service) account to manage the inbox using the Application Impersonation?

Thanks in Advance.

sam

Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:04 AM