none
BeforeItemMove Cancel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am using Outlook 2010. I have adde a BeforeItemMove to the Inbox folder using a FolderWrapper approach to keep it alive. In the BeforeItemMove event I start with a Cancel of the move and do some additional work. My problem is that when I try to move multiple emails from the Inbox, the Cancel = true statements seems to cancel the events for all items. Therefore the event is continuing only for 1 item and the moves of the other ones are cancelled. While debugging, I jumeped over the Cancel=true and the event fires for all items. Is this a known thing? How can I get around this? Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 5, 2013 8:31 AM

Answers

• Hi 3ala2,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I know, this is a known issue but has been fixed already.

I'm told this is a known issue, and is scheduled for a fix in the December cumulative update (CU) that's due for release soon.
    The CU won't be downloaded or offered by Windows Update, you have to manually find and install it yourself. I've tested all the variations of the BeforeItemMove() bugs that I'm aware of and they are fixed in the April CU I applied. Whether or not earlier CU's also have the fix I'm not sure.

The above paragraphs were picked from this thread. For more information, you can read it through.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:51 AM