Deploy update from different pc RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, if publish an update from different pc of the last publish, all file are deployed.

I've tried to set <MSDeployUseChecksum>true</MSDeployUseChecksum> in LightSwitchProfile.pubxml, but is ignored.

Any suggestion is apreciated!

• Edited by fileman Monday, December 15, 2014 9:03 AM
    Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:01 PM

Answers

• I will try to explain better, with last update published with pc in office:
    1) If I publish the update from same pc, only new file are published
    2) If the update is published from another pc, with same ntp/DC time source, all files are deployed agai

HI,

Web Deploy has two methods of determining which files will be synced when a publish operation is performed.

• Use file time stamps
    • Use the CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) checksum

By default Visual Studio uses the time stamps method. Please follow the Lightswitch team blog to publish updates for app offline and usechecksum. see: Web publishing updates for app offline and usechecksum

If it still has same issue, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, January 7, 2015 1:03 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To publish updates to the application, update the Application version on the General Properties page of the Application Designer.

Run the LightSwitch Publish Application Wizard again. The next time the user runs the application they will automatically receive the update from the publish location.

For more information ,please check below document:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff872288.aspx

If you still cannot deploy updates,please let me know.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, December 15, 2014 3:08 AM
  • Hi, even if my english isnt the best, my question is another.
    I havent problem to publish update, I'm at 1.3.140 version number!

I will try to explain better, with last update published with pc in office:
    2) If the update is published from another pc, with same ntp/DC time source, all files are deployed again

I've tried with msdeploy's cheskcum parameter in LightSwitchProfile.pubxml, but is ignored by VS LS publish.

Monday, December 15, 2014 9:02 AM
  • 1.Create a new site or set permissions on an existing Web site for a new or existing non-administrator user using Web Deploy PowerShell scripts as explained in the PowerShell scripts walkthrough [link to be added] OR
    2.Configure publishing on an existing site for an existing user using the IIS Manager UI 1.Start IIS Manager (type “inetmgr.exe” in the Start Menu)
    2.Expand the Sites node and right click a site, such as "test"
    3.Click Deploy > Configure for Web Deploy Publishing...
    4.The following UI will appear. Click ...

http://www.iis.net/learn/install/installing-publishing-technologies/installing-and-configuring-web-deploy

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:10 AM
  • I will try to explain better, with last update published with pc in office:
    2) If the update is published from another pc, with same ntp/DC time source, all files are deployed agai

HI,

Web Deploy has two methods of determining which files will be synced when a publish operation is performed.

• Use file time stamps
    • Use the CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) checksum

By default Visual Studio uses the time stamps method. Please follow the Lightswitch team blog to publish updates for app offline and usechecksum. see: Web publishing updates for app offline and usechecksum

If it still has same issue, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, January 7, 2015 1:03 PM
    Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:37 AM