Cannot Obtain App ID and Authentication Token for Map Service Beta App RRS feed

• Question

• My issue appears to be the same as those listed previously in this thread (Puwwee, etc.). I am in the process of uploading a Windows Phone 8 app for Beta testing. The option of obtaining an App ID and Authentication Token appears for the first step in the upload process (App Description), although it is grayed out. However, after completing the first step, App ID/Authentication Token is no longer an option. Would you please advise? Thanks!
    Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello TaoDeveloper,

The AppID is generated after you publish your app (public or beta) Beta apps do not have the option to obtain an authentication token for mapping services. You should check the Bing Map SDK site or the coding forum for options.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:22 PM
  • I also have the same problem - our app uses mapping heavily, but when submitting a beta app, it doesn't seem possible to obtain the 'Mapping Services ApplicationID and Authentication Tokens' that are required to use it.

Carl Partridge

Thursday, January 16, 2014 7:56 PM
  • Friday, January 17, 2014 1:03 AM
  • Hi,

I'have the same problem.

I have got an exception hresult without description when I'm trying to run a Route Query with my Map Control and an my collegue have told me that I must have an AthorizationId and TokenId for manage map services (include RouteQuery).

But, how it is possible?

I see the map, and I draw a pushpin and other layer but no route query i can make.

I'm writing a first code with functionalities on progress and no operative (and full of bug) and if it is no possible to receive AuthorizationID and TokenId in beta submission, how can I do? Alternatives?

I' don't want submit an application in a larval stage in the store.

Any other solution is good for me.

Thanks

A.

Sunday, June 1, 2014 9:31 AM
  • Hello A.

To test map controls in BETA create a non-beta app to create the map token. You do not need to publish the non-beta app in order to create the map token. You just need to start a non-beta submission and generate the map token. No need to continue with the submission until you are ready to publish the non-beta app in the future.

Best Regards,

Donielle

Donielle Microsoft Dev Support

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:32 PM